Athletic Hall of Fame Nomination Criteria
To recognize and honor individuals who have made significant athletic contributions to Tipp City Exempted Village Schools. The Tippecanoe Athletic Hall of Fame will serve to heighten school pride and reinforce what it means to be a Red Devil.
All nominees (athlete/coach/non-athlete) must have demonstrated good citizenship throughout their life.
- Athletes who are nominated must be a graduate of Tippecanoe High School.
- Athlete must have Varsity lettered in at least 1 sport for 2 years, or 2 or more sports for 1 year.
- Athletes will not be considered until 10 years after their graduation date.
- Athlete must have earned at least one Varsity level 1st team all-conference or all-division honor.
- Athletic achievements earned after attending Tippecanoe High School may be considered.
- Exhibited sportsmanship, character and citizenship on and off of the field during and after high school.
- Any coach, administrator or other athletic contributor who served Tipp City Exempted Village Schools for at least 5 years, and has been out of the position for at least 3 years, or will be immediately eligible after 20 years of service.
- Any non-athlete nominee must have performed meritorious service on behalf of Tippecanoe Athletics.
- Athletic contributions made after the person has graduated high school may be considered – for example playing in NFL, MLB, NBA, being a college athletic director, professional team owner, etc.
Hall of Fame Committee
i.The Tippecanoe Athletic Hall of Fame committee will consist of at least the following members:
- Athletic Director
- Lead Principal
- Assistant Principal
- Varsity “T” Chair
- Athletic Booster Member
- 2 current Head Coaches
- 1 Board of Education Member
- 1 Retired Tipp City Exempted Village Schools City Schools Employee
- 1 Media/Sports Writer
- Awards will be recognized at halftime of a Varsity Basketball game. A reception for all inductees will be held the following Saturday night.
Each member for the Tippecanoe Athletic Hall of Fame committee shall have one vote. A nominated individual or team will need a majority of votes, at least 5, in order to be inducted.
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS IS JUNE 24, 2019.
Mail Forms To:
615 E. Kessler- Cowlesville Road
Tipp City, Ohio 45371